SWL Medicines Optimisation Group
The South West London Medicines Optimisation Group (SWL MOG) is a joint primary and secondary care group that works with Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), Acute and Mental Health Trusts and Community Service Providers in the SW London area. It has the following key roles:
- Develop monitoring arrangements and effectiveness measures against the main priorities of the SWL Medicines Optimisation Group.
- Provide a forum for informed discussion between clinicians from both primary and secondary care on medicines management and optimisation issues.
- Ensure equity of access to medicines for patients across SWL as per NHS Constitution and identify and manage implications of any significant changes in practice.
- Ensure that robust standards and governance arrangements underpin SWL wide commissioning arrangements, decision-making / advice related to medicines as per NHS Constitution.
- Provide timely specialist advice and recommendations on medicines and associated pathways used by acute Trusts as required and at the interface to the 6 SWL CCGs and NEL (Commissioning Support Unit) as appropriate.
The following organisations participate in the group (Note: List not exhaustive - please refer to Terms of Reference for complete list):